Mia is sharing another “I-can’t-believe-this-isn’t-bad-for-me” meal with us, and this one is SO versatile. Egg fried rice is usually a huge no-no when it comes to the Lean & Fit lifestyle, so how does Mia get away with making this meal? There’s no rice in it!
We’ll be subbing the rice with cauliflower rice in this dish. Yes, it does taste different from actual rice, but it has a subtle and simple taste that lends itself well to being the backbone of different recipes. After trying this recipe, you’ll see exactly what we mean.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 head cauliflower
- food processor/blender
- grapeseed oil
- cooking onions
- 2 eggs
- teriyaki sauce
- soy sauce
Here’s the gameplan:
- Chop cauliflower into large chunks.
- Place cauliflower chunks into food processor or blender.
- Pulse until chunks are broken down into small, rice-like pieces.
- Skip steps 1 – 3 by buying pre-made, unflavoured cauliflower rice (shhh…it’s our secret!)
- Chop and sauté onions in some grapeseed oil until soft.
- Add 2 eggs directly into pan and mix with onions.
- when the eggs have begun solidifying, add 2 – 3 cups of cauliflower rice.
- add teriyaki or soy sauce to taste.
- continue mixing the rice until the cauliflower rice begins to soften. Cook longer if you prefer a softer consistency.
- Add this to dish of steak or chicken for a well-rounded meal.
Share your results in the comment section below or on our Facebook page! We love hearing about your recipe modifications.